President’s Mid-Year Message for 2016
Congratulations New Designee Class of 2016! The testing period has now closed for the 2016 New Designee Class, for whom the Commencement will take place in Honolulu, Hawaii on Saturday, September 17th. Our unofficial number is 33 New Designees for 2016! Three of our New Designees, pictured below, joined us for the May meeting.
I would like to extend a warm welcome as well to our new members joining us from the San Gabriel Chapter. We are looking forward to becoming a stronger Chapter with your help and participation.
We have accomplished much this year already and I have been thrilled to welcome new faces at each of our Chapter Meetings and networking events this year.
- In January, we heard Mr. John Barrett of Aon speak about the current State of the Insurance Industry.
- In February, Ms. Tessa Lucero provided insight into the complexities of International Insurance, and we held our Annual Wine Tasting Event at the San Antonio Winery.
- In March, Ms. Betsey Brewer and Ms. Leah Karcher led us through a thought-provoking game of Ethics.
- In April, we stepped out of the classroom to take a tour of the Federal Reserve in downtown Los Angeles.
- In May, 2015 New Designee Mr. Mario Ramos (pictured above with President Kate Fuchs) spoke about the changing distribution channels impacting insurance, and specifically auto insurance.
- Earlier this month, we had perfect weather at our Annual Dodger Day networking event which included a Dodger win against the Atlanta Braves.
We will take a summer break from classes over the next two months. During this pause, I hope you are able to spend time recharging your batteries and relaxing with your friends and loved ones.
When we reconvene in September, we will cohost an educational event/happy hour with CAIP, we will cohost All Industry Day in October with the El Camino Chapter. We will host our Annual Business Meeting and educational event in November, followed in December by our Officer Installation.
Be kind to one another,
Kate Fuchs, CPCU